Sculptures in the Garden is an annual two-day sculpture exhibition. It takes place in the Rosby Vineyard gardens in Mudgee and draws established and emerging sculptors from across NSW to display their work.
The inaugural Sculptures in the Garden event was first held in October 2011 and attracted 130 sculptures and more than 1000 visitors over the weekend. Each year thereafter, the event brings around 2000+ visitors to the region and showcased more than 250 artist’s work.
The objective for this event has always been to showcase sculpture as an artform, curate the work of some of the most interesting sculptors currently working in NSW, and engage the local community in the appreciation of – and education about – these works.
Sydney Lord Mayor Clover Moore spoke at the 2015 event and says: 'Sculptures in the Garden has become a flagship exhibition in New South Wales and attracts a diverse audience of more than 2000 people to the Mudgee region every October.'
Artistic Director Kay Norton-Knight's vision is to bring Sculptures to the Mudgee region; to provide a venue for emerging artists to display and sell their work and network with other artists; and to develop public art for the benefit of the community and visitors to the Mudgee region.
The SIG Committee is made up of seven local volunteers who's aim is to celebrate the work of Australian artists as well as raise money for local charity and art initiatives.
Each day there will be:
- More than 200 sculptures and outdoor artworks on display, by well-known local and NSW artists;
- Special Guest speakers including a public art discussion panel (1pm Saturday)
- Horticulturalist's Gay Stanton (Saturday) & Belinda Moon (Sunday) will be conducting garden walks;
- Daily sculpture walks by artist and journalist Sam Paine;
- Daily sculpture demonstrations;
- A range of children’s activities.
- Guide Dog puppy demonstrations
- Morning tea, afternoon tea and lunches provided by the Mudgee Support Group of Guide Dogs NSW/ACT;
- Rosby Premium Wines;
Entry into the event is just $5.00 per person and go to our charity partner Guide Dogs NSW/ACT, with children welcome to attend for free.
Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th October 2017, 9am to 4pm both days
Important Information for the Public.
- Disabled parking faculties are available on site. Parking is actively managed due to the rural setting so please talk to a parking attendant on entry and they can guide you to the relevant spaces.
- The event is an all weather event so visitors should wear appropriate clothing and sun protection.
- The SIG site is a working, rural property and visitors should take care when walking around the event site especially in relation to any wildlife that may be encountered.
- All visitors should take care in the proximity of artworks and not touch, climb on or handle the artworks.
- Children under 15 years of age should be accompanied by an adult at all times while attending the event.
- Sculptures in the Garden or Rosby Wines and Guesthouse will not be liable for any injury or loss that may result from attending the event.
Q: Can I bring my dog? A: Unfortunately, no dogs are allowed.
Q: Can I come out to Rosby to see and buy sculptures before the exhibition is open? A: The exhibition opens at 9am on Saturday 8th October and there are no sculpture sales before gates open.
Q: What time do the gates open on Saturday and Sunday? A: Gates open 9am both days
Q: When can I take home the sculptures I have bought? A: Sculptures can be collected from Rosby after 4pm on Sunday 9th
Q: Will there be public transport to and from Rosby? A: Unfortunately there is no public transport to and from the exhibition
Q: Can we bring a bus to Rosby and will there be adequate parking? A: Yes. Buses welcome
Q: What time will lunch be available? A: Lunch will be available from 10am all day on both Saturday & Sunday
Q: What will I be able to buy for lunch? A: Gourmet sausage rolls, Vietnamese salad (with or without chicken), homemade biscuits & slice and tea, juice and water
Kay Norton-Knight 0428 635 993
Gerald Norton-Knight 0419 429 918
Amber Norton-Knight 0414 942 917